Sunday 3 May 2009

Metalliferous Earth


I also got some lovely metallic oil pastels - the sort you buy one by one and try not to let yourself pick up too many colours at a time.....

I had a little play this morning and drew spirals which I then blended. I kept adding to highlight the colours I wanted in each part of the picture. It has a lovely soft but sparkly earthy feel...

I have to say these more expensive pastels are much smoother to use than the cheap nasty ones I have a pack of. I can see more colours creeping home....

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...yes...you really do get what you pay for but OMG, the good stuff is SO expensive (well, here anyway). I now understand the phrase "Starving artist" to be less about selling their stuff and more about having to buy the materials.....*grin*

    LOVE the swirly spiral....isn't *playing* fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh... i want some! Love the effect. Dont know if you know (or want to know, lol) but metal leaf will stick directly onto oil pastel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh! Not played with metal leaf at all... *plots new experiments*

    Isn't it good though that art jornaling doesn't require the expensive stuff.... I bought five oil pastels... It will be a long time before I have decent collection of them...

    ReplyDelete