Thursday 12 March 2009

Book Making Part 1

I started to make my first book tonight.

I haven't done much. I took 24 sheets of A4 paper from a folder which had 4 holes punched. I then punched four holes in each of two pieces of A4 board for the covers. I then took 23 further of the pages and sliced them so I was left with a thin strip of paper with the four holes. The slices will sit in between each full sheet to make the book fatter so there is a little more room to accommodate collage and paint.

Next I need to find an old shirt of F's....

5 comments:

  1. I'm very curious to see how you make out with this...how are you going to bind it? I'll be stealing your idea for when I get around to starting mine...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea about the "spacers." I'd have never thought of that. You will share pics when you finish it up, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for your interest! I have no idea if it is going to work and if it does it may be about as sturdy as a puff of wind...

    I will be sharing pics but so far it would just be of a bunch of paper and paper strips with holes....

    I find it a little frustrating that everything takes so long and even when you get to the more exciting bits, you can't do very much cos everything has to dry properly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometime I find the time I spend making the "boring bits" (like gessoing my journal pages) to be a very meditative.. a good time to think about what I want in the contents, and imagine...Can't wait to see your results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need more journals on the go... i bought a spiral bound A5 sketch book today. My first A5 journal is becoming unworkable - it has too many thin pages and my journaled pages are as fat as the rest of the book and it is slowly pulling itself apart....

    ReplyDelete