Sunday 8 March 2009

From the bottom of my heart...


I worked on this spread today and it represents my feelings of grief as I lost my dog this weekend. I started working on a second spread to celebrate him but it as yet, unfinished.

I began with a light blue gel pen in which I wrote a list of many of the things that bring home my loss. Then in a green gel pen I made larger emotional letters repeated three times on top of each other representing some of the things i am feeling.

I don't like lime green too much and I have a bottle of metallic lime green. It is quite thin cheap paint and I used this to cover the whole page. I then blobbed on yellow and blue acrylic and closed my journal. I removed excess paint by blotting with spare paper.

One top of this I stamped the final letters with black acrylic. I then highlighted parts of each letter with gold metallic paint and smeared some on the page too. I then wrote some other words in a glue pen and added gold embossing powder.

I like this page and how it shows the layers of my emotions. The colours are ones which make me a little uncomfortable to use but added together they create a nice effect. Grief is not an ugly thing in and of itself so I would not have wanted it to have been an ugly page in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Rose, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog--our pets have such a special place in our lives, don't they? I'm glad to hear your journaling is helping your grief process. Your page is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out beautifully - despite your not liking the individual colours - the combination is really striking. And I really like the idea of the layers for this...grief IS a multi-layered emotion..especially when it comes to our four-legged Beloveds...(hugs)

    ReplyDelete