Thursday 25 June 2009

Wrecking Roundup

I have really loved this weeks efforts. Last weekend was really productive and produced some things that I have written separate posts about.

My journal is for now going through a period of beautification but I am sure this will come to an end some time.....

I have been wondering why I couldn't pick a really difficult page to do last week. I came to the conclusion that I can plan something to do for every page but until I actually try and do it, I can't feel if I am resistant to it or not. I think the pages left at the end may be the ones I find most dull or the ones that are really, really challenging to me. So for now I am going with the flow....

I slept with my journal one night and wrote in my journal about it.... I spotted someone had stuck some fruit stickers on the wall and on the door at work, so I surreptiously released them as I walked past them, aiming for no one to actually spot what a strange thing I was doing, I think I suceeded... A journal page has traveled to Canada for some friendly destruction and my whole journal will go there to be posted back at some point....

Here are some pretty pictures of this weeks wrecking....
And some less pretty pictures!
Lavender oil and jasmine scent dripped liberally everywhere then hot vanilla scented wax and lavender flowers scattered on top. Bits of lavender and wax keep falling out! *grin*I used the 'slam the book quick' technique for my burning and it was much fun!



Oh and earlier this week Kelly Kilmer wrote a really nice bit about what it is to keep an art journal...

16 comments:

  1. terrific wreckage really
    a haiku comment
    at three seventeen a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Beauty page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! Deconstruction followed by reconstruction!!

    Your page is currently quivering in fear on my table...awaiting its' fate...I'll post the carnage this week!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have done a great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Burn page is beautiful. ANd the white page could be framed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when you peeled the fruit stickers off the wall! I too like the idea of reconstruction - very creative. Great wrecking - especially the White page, it's sort of wrecked but a work of art at the same time. You get a mention in my vlog this week as my inspiration for putting my chew page out for the slugs so thanks for that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh! love the scented oil thing. after all the dirt and dragging through the street, i bet our babies could use a little sweetening up! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The slam-the-book technique looks like it worked real well! You have some fabulous wrecking going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great wreck work! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how textured your pages are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your use of color and texture. And the slam the book quick technique sounds fun - I might just have to do that page again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful white page...excellent wrecking:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmm, pretty pages, I LIKe them!!! the white page is a piece of art .. interesting how we each approach this

    BRAVO,, keep on wrecking

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, somebody might be missing those stickers -- maybe next week a few could mysteriously reappear on the wall, albeit a bit worse for wear and scented with jasmine? "Slam the book technique" gave great results!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The yarn through the hole poking page is wonderful! What a great idea. Happy wrecking!

    ReplyDelete